Monday, October 11, 2010

equate


It's much more simple, now, really.
To hear your voice,
your just woken up soft, scratchy, out-of-bed tone
just does me in.
Completely.

I can talk about your lips,
your hair,
how you bite your nails,
and your aversion to vegetables and your many, many, many
more endearing quirks.
I can go all day.

I strive to be, unbroken;
And so should you.
And you're halfway there.

Right now, this very instant,
though it pains me that you're not here,
fret not dear,
I'd be apart from you, a month, a year or two,
But to lose you for good, would never do.
No no no never do at all.

Who am I to say,
let the stars and fates have their way,
And we'll take it in stride,
Strap in for the ride.
I'm in.
I'll see you at the end.
Whatever end it may be,
We'll always have you and me.

No comments: